Friday, June 6, 2014

En Plein Air

For information about the Plein-air Workshop in Holland, please visit  www.donaldjurneyworkshop.blogspot.com   


A Quick Trip to the Point

Nick joined me for a quick session at The Point today.  Where Rawson's meets the water was certainly sparkly. 

I didn't get as far as I might have liked, but the surface had too much paint to continue. I'll probably do a bit to it tomorrow. In the meantime, here it is (8" x 12", 20x30cm):

  
I'll need to make the horizon level, and to work on the water. The near rocks could use some help, too.

*********************************************************

G. O'N. wrote to me from North Carolina, 

"Anyway, sign me up for you workshop in Rawson's Point. Perhaps there's an interest among you & your blog followers to have a virtual workshop if there is such a thing. In the spirit of what you've established, perhaps we can make our own way out there this summer for a quick sketch, grisaille, or color study. 8x12" of course. There might be some interesting results to post from the participants in the blogosphere. Perhaps we can exhibit them at Jensen's.
-Maybe I've been in the Carolina sun too long-"


This certainly sounds like an idea to me. But G's the only one who answered my call for a Rawson's Corners workshop. I guess he and I will have to paint alone. Actually I'm pretty sure my Instagram chums will rise to the challenge.

Several people have written to say that the recent post on grisailles has helped them out. Glad to hear it.

**********************************************************
 
Classes:

Weekend Workshop
28-29 June 2014
Contact me about this dbjurney@verizon.net

The Ogunquit Summer School of Art

Ogunquit, Maine

 
Two two-day workshops
14-15 August 2014
27-28 September 2014
Contact them at 603-819-9100

Holland


4-12 September, Alkmaar, NL
Contact me about this dbjurney@verizon.net

(Possibly) Toronto
6-10 October 2014
Contact me about this. dbjurney@verizon.net
 

Norway August 2015
Contact me to receive information as it
becomes available. dbjurney@verizon.net
 

Wales 
A possible 2015 workshop for the
Welsh Academy of Art


 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why you always seem to dip to the left. Maybe you need a straight edge for those wet horizons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm painting standing and I'm right-handed. A straight edge might be good for making sure the horizon dips to the left in a straight line, but what I need is a t-square. I'm not willing to be on a wave-battered New England cliff with a t-square. I might jump.

      Delete