Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Gray Day

For information about the Plein-air Workshop in Holland, please visit  www.donaldjurneyworkshop.blogspot.com   

Overcast at Rawson's Point

Today I worked on the second of yesterday's studies for a little bit, hoping to refine some of the elements and to make final the colors. Almost done now. Here's where it stands.


Here's one I don't think I've posted before. It's Bailey's Hill in Rawson's Corners. The house in the light was owned by a famous artist named T. Bailey. One can often find his work, still, though it occurs in a number of different styles.


Last of all, I wanted to go back to Rawson's Point today since it was overcast. I left it rather late, and only could spend about 50 minutes on this study. Still, I'm reasonably pleased with it. The grisaille is only ivory black on a white panel, with a tiny smidge of blue at the horizon.


*******************************************************************************

Classes:

Weekend Workshop
28-29 June 2014
Contact me about these dbjurney@verizon.net

The Ogunquit Summer School of Art

Ogunquit, Maine
Two two-day workshops
14-15 August 2014
27-28 September 2014
Contact them at 603-819-9100

Holland
4-12 September, Alkmaar, NL
Contact me about this dbjurney@verizon.net
(Possibly) Toronto
6-10 October 2014
Contact me about this. dbjurney@verizon.net
 
Norway
August 2015
Contact me to receive information as it
becomes available. dbjurney@verizon.net
 
Wales 
A possible 2015 workshop for the
Welsh Academy of Art

 

No comments:

Post a Comment