Tuesday, June 3, 2014

By the neck

For information about the Plein-air Workshop in Holland, please visit  www.donaldjurneyworkshop.blogspot.com   

Rawson's Neck

Yesterday's invitation to ask questions has gone by with nary a peep. This enables me to post a couple of studies from Rawson's Neck which is just 'round the Point.

My friend Todd Bonita was teaching there today, and I went to join his class---mostly to heckle him. Surprisingly, Rawson's Neck looks very much like the Nubble at York, Maine. But Rawson's Neck doesn't have a lighthouse.

First off, I did an 8"x12" study of the rocks on both sides of what I call "the gut". I didn't put in the water, mostly just wanting to get a sense of the rock masses. It's a 'study', so that's okay.


Next I dared the tide (which was rising) to do another, the view for which is just to the left of the one above. I managed to get this far (below) before the tide threatened me with extinction. It needs more work. Tomorrow, in the studio, I'll play with it some more.

  

***********************************************************
Classes:

Weekend Workshop

28-29 June 2014
Contact me about these dbjurney@verizon.net

The Ogunquit Summer School of Art

Ogunquit, Maine
Two two-day workshops
14-15 August 2014
27-28 September 2014
Contact them at 603-819-9100

Holland
4-12 September, Alkmaar, NL
Contact me about this dbjurney@verizon.net
(Possibly) Toronto
6-10 October 2014
Contact me about this. dbjurney@verizon.net 
Norway
August 2015
Contact me to receive information as it
becomes available. dbjurney@verizon.net
Wales 
A possible 2015 workshop for the
Welsh Academy of Art

 

No comments:

Post a Comment