Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hard Work

This Weekend's Workshop

We had a great group of hard-working students for this weekend's workshop.

The first day we went to Battis Farm, situated in a lovely landscape, in Amesbury. Everyone did a grisaille, and made a drawing, complete with color notes. No one, to my knowledge, violated the no photographs rule. I even offered $10 to anyone who would turn in a fellow student. Seems that everyone either had learned that no one likes a tattle-tale, or no one broke the rule.

Today we painted out-of-doors, behind my studio building, working on yesterday's (dry) grisailles by adding color. A lot of very good work was accomplished in these two days. A number of the students are already enrolled for the May weekend (18-19). I believe we still have 4 places still open.

There will be a June weekend, 8 & 9, and a July one (20 & 21). Let me (dbjurney@verizon.net) or Sarajean know if you'd like to join.

Here are some happy painters.





   

4 comments:

  1. Very upset that Sarajean and myself are not in the photo. We were busy slaving away getting everyone water and snacks while everyone was merrily going along painting their masterpieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it the role of the photographer was to make sure that no one took photographs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who better in the role of Kodak garde-champetre?

      Delete