Saturday, May 31, 2014

Eggs

For information about the Plein-air Workshop in Holland, please visit  www.donaldjurneyworkshop.blogspot.com   

Soper's Farm Stand

It's true, I did say that I was going to go to Soper's Store, and then CJ reminded me it would be closed on Memorial Day. Well, I still haven't gotten there, but I did go by the Soper farm where they have a stand.

The farm stand has been the subject of a bit of talk 'round The Corners. There's hardly anyone in town who doesn't have a vegetable garden or chickens. And there's almost no one from away who has reason to pass through Rawson's Corners. 

People wondered to whom old Mrs. Soper intended to sell her produce. She brushed it off, saying that she'd be growing things anyway, and the hens would be laying, and any little bit of pocket change from the stand would always be welcome. Mrs. S was a girl during the depression and remembers well the deprivation that folks felt.

Still, Mrs. Twombly says it's like taking eggs to Newcastle, and she's very pleased with herself for saying it.

Today the study of the Soper Farm Stand got started. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the right-hand side, but it's coming along. Possibly, just to the right of the barn door, there's a glimpse of Mrs. S herself.


***********************************************************
Classes:

Two-day Weekend Workshops

7-8 June 2014

28-29 June 2014

Contact me about these dbjurney@verizon.net


The Ogunquit Summer School of Art

Ogunquit, Maine
Two two-day workshops
14-15 August 2014
27-28 September 2014
Contact them at 603-819-9100

Those interested in an ongoing weekly class should contact me. dbjurney@verizon.net 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment