Thursday, July 18, 2013

November Thoughts

November in July

It's been very hot here. Perhaps to combat the heat, I rescued an old start from a corner of my studio. I quite enjoyed working on this, knowing that a November evening would be quite cool. 

This isn't from a 'real' place, but I think it's beginning to acquire some believability. I, at least, believe it.
I'll need to finish the sky, and re-design the nearest bank (which ends in too abrupt a knob).

24x30" (60x75cm)
On an entirely different subject, someone on the French Workshop asked me where I'd gone on my drawing trips through France. So I took a photo of a map that illustrates some of my forays from 1987 to 1997. Each colored line represents a different trip. The silly airplanes mark where different trips began.


As you can see, the northeast has gotten short shrift, as have the Pyrenees. Perhaps we'll remedy that.

This Saturday will find us at the July weekend workshop. I'm looking forward to it, especially since Sunday's weather will be more moderate.

Happy painting!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you sure got around!!! Lovely countryside? Looking forward to Gretz?

    ReplyDelete