Monday, January 6, 2014

Catching Up


What's Happened Since Then,
and a REMINDER...

Before Christmas, I left you with this image, the then-current state of the the painting that changed its orientation and its subject.




It's had its moment or two on the easel since then, mostly occupied with adding rocks, ledges and working on the water and sky. Here's where it is at the moment. I couldn't get the color right, and I'm in a hurry, But this will give you some idea.


(That's the sun). 

The detail, below, will give a sense of the color (tho' not so purple). You'll see that it was pre-sun.



On the subject of monkeying with old paintings, here's one I fiddled with today. It was, originally, as flat as a pancake. Today it seems to have gone out West. In fact, a follower on Instagram, who should know, says it reminds him of central Utah in August. Who knew?! It's a phone shot----sorry! (24x30").



December 20th found Todd, Nick, Tom Bailey, and me out painting at Maudslay.

I came away with this 20x16". A good time.




Most important, though, is a
REMINDER
about the new 3-Part Demonstration. It starts this Friday (10 January) and continues for the next two Fridays (17 & 24 January).
The class runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and is held in the building where my studio is located: 14 Cedar Street, Amesbury, MA
It will be held in Studio # 101, on the first floor. The cost is $60.00 per session. If you need a scholarship, let me know.

For those of you not familiar with the class, I paint a painting in three sessions, from my imagination. This week's canvas is 50" x 60". As I go along, I tell you about why I'm making the choices I make, and show the various routes I take to find a painting on the blank canvas. It's a lot of fun. 
Non-artists, who have an interest in the creative process, are encouraged to come. Last session, we had six or eight "lay" people.

Time is fleeting! If you'd like to come for some or for all, let me know as soon as possible: dbjurney@verizon.net

See you then!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment